As St Andrew’s Day is not too far away, we simply couldn’t miss the opportunity to celebrate Scotland’s national dish a little differently this year.
The clever chiefs at Macsweens have come up with a little twist to the traditional haggis, neeps and tatties making it a simple dish to serve any night of the week, or maybe as a special winter meal starter – especially as it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
The following measurements are for two, but just double or treble them according to the size of your clan. Remember, you can also choose to use traditional or vegetarian haggis.
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes. Serves 2
455g Macsween haggis – pre-heated according to packet instructions
Pureed turnip and carrot Parsley
- Cook some baby new potatoes, preferably those with a waxy texture for a better result. Allow about 2-3 potatoes per person.
- Once cooked, cool off and scoop out a hollow from the centre of the potato.
- Fill with hot Macsween haggis and pipe pureed turnip and carrot at the side to give a good colour contrast.
- Place on oven trays, brush very lightly with oil and cover with foil.
- Re-heat in a moderate oven
Serve with a sprinkling of freshly chopped parsley on top.
Go on, gie it laldy.
HaggisUK is your one stop online haggis shop.
Burns Suppers and St Andrew’s Day are a speciality, but haggis is great to eat all your round. Please do get in touch if we can help, and don’t forget to let us know what you do with your haggis.