This simply whisky cream sauce is the perfect companion to Haggis, Neeps and Tatties on Burns Night.
Inspired by a Hairy Bikers Recipe, the subtle smoky notes from the Scottish Whisky are perfect with the richness of Haggis.
Serves 4 – 6 *Gluten Free
- 500ml/17fl oz double cream
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp whisky
- sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- ½ lemon, juice only
- Heat the double cream in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the wholegrain mustard, Dijon mustard and whisky and stir to combine.
- Increase the heat until the mixture is simmering and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground white pepper.
- Stir in the tablespoon of chives, then whisk in the lemon juice.
Serve drizzled over Haggis, with a mound of neeps and tatties for that perfect Burns Night meal on the 25th January.
Great with gluten free haggis.
If you’d like to try something a little different, we’d recommend a redcurrant sauce with a hint of whisky and horseradish. Sure to add a little spark to the evening.
*Gluten Free – Although we make every effort to ensure that the ingredients list are gluten-free, you should double check at the time of using as products change their base ingredients frequently.